There are so many tasks that you must keep up with every year. At RIDGID, we know how easy it is to forget or miss one of those tasks. But we want to make it as easy as possible to get it done. So, we’ve decided to “suck it up” and offer a cleanup checklist to make it easy for you to remember what you need when that time to clean comes around.
Some cleaning tasks you may only do once or twice a year, so it may be harder to remember to do it. That’s why we’ve created this easy seasonal checklist to track your cleaning tasks. After all, you may not drain, remove, and store your hose until late fall or winter, but it’s an important thing to remember to do each year, especially if you don’t have a “freeze-proof” faucet for protection.
Some of the quarterly seasonal tasks found in the cleaning checklist are:
- Replace air/furnace filters
- Replace filters in oven hood (if applicable)
- Replace filters in your Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac (using the RIDGID Fine Dust Filter or RIDGID HEPA Material Filter will help protect air quality around your home, workshop, or jobsite.)
- Clean trash cans (indoors and outdoors) with disinfectant
- Clean oven
- Clean and organize “community” closets such as pantry, linen, entry/coat by wiping down any shelving
- Vacuum window coverings such as blinds, curtains/drapes, and lampshades
- Vacuum mattresses (without sheets or mattress pad)
- Deep clean floor surfaces such as laminate, hardwood, carpet, or tile.
While you are thinking about your cleanup checklist, make sure you have the RIDGID Hose to Drain Adapter. This adapter connects your vac’s drain to a garden hose for liquid disposal. Your RIDGID wet/dry vac must have a drain port for this accessory to be compatible with your vac. You can drain the liquid from your wet/dry vac without lifting or tipping your shop vac.